Sunday, April 1, 2012

Home Made Paper


During the course of four years I have accumulated countless sheets of paper s and book and though I thought sorting them out would be the hardest part, disposing of them seems now more challenging. I decided that I wanted to get something more out of these documents than just throwing them out. First I began by separating the sheets of paper that are printed only one sided or have barely anything on them. With though I have been recently printing notes on the clear side to avoid wasting new paper. For the rest of the semester I will only use new paper to print out essays or projects I have to turn in, everything else I will be using used paper.

When I was growing up, me and my friends would love to exchange letters that we would make out of paper we recycled ourselves. It is very simple and fun to make; you begin by soaking the paper in water. Then you use the blender to really shred the paper together. Finally you soak it again with liquid glue and put any artificial color you like. After you make sure it is all blended evenly, you spread it in any shape you want it to be at flatten it out. You let it dry for a day and you get home recycled paper. There are many different things you can add on it like dried flowers and stickers. Recycling paper is not only sustainable but it is also a fun way to relax myself. For this reason, I decided to keep a lot of the rest for the paper and use it to recycle it and make “Thank you” cards for my graduation.  I forgot how much fun this hobby of mine was and I am happy this class helped me remember.

Here is an example of how Home made paper looks like:



No comments:

Post a Comment