Thursday, April 12, 2012

Reduce Plastic Waste


I decided to count how many plastic cups of coffee I waste a week. I am used to buying coffee every morning before going to work or class. A week I waste at least five but sometime when I need more caffeine I can use up to eight or nine! Let us suppose than in a month I use the minimum of plastic cups, so five times four, that is 20plastic cups a month, therefore, 240plastic cups a year. 240 plastic cups a year is the bare minimum, I am not even taking into consideration extra cups of coffee or the plastics cups I use for other beverages. In order to take action and reduce this amount I bought myself a traveler coffee mug. I carry around my coffee mug all day every day; this has helped reduce not only the amount of coffee plastic cups but also water bottles. I know rinse my coffee mug and through ought the day to fill it out with water. It is more convenient than carrying a coffee mug and a water bottle. With this simple change in my day routine I have exponentially reduced the amount of plastic I waste a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment