Monday, March 12, 2012

Sustainability over break


I have decided to take advantage of this nice weather in my journey to being more sustainable. Now that it is more bearable to be outside I try walking a lot more. I must admit I can get pretty lazy and take cabs even when I am just going a couple blocks away.  Now I decided to walk as much as possible and when it gets too cold for walking I take public transportation for part of my journey. I have been doing this for the past two weeks. I now even find enjoyable and relaxing the walk from the train to work, which is about four blocks .Last week was spring break and I decided to go home to Wheeling in the northwest suburbs. To keep myself in track of being sustainable instead of driving to work I took the Metra all week. Not only I loved the ride because I got to catch up on my reading, I also enjoyed the convenience of not having to look for parking. Parking in the city can get very expensive so the ticket price of the Metra was also convenient. Overall, I am enjoying driving less or taking fewer taxis; the extra walk relaxes me and on the trains I catch up on readings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment