Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Beginning...


While taking the personal footprint test I started realizing some bad habits have obtained throughout the years. I enjoyed taking the test, it opens your eyes to little details I never thought were truly important or would make a difference if I changed.My ecological footprint is broken downs as 13% of my lifestyle is dedicated to mobility, 7% to shelter, 8% goods and 35% services. 5 to 7 planets would be necessary to support my way of living as well as 25-3 acres of the earth’s productive area.
After taking the test, in the website www.StepGreen.org I committed to a few actions to reduce my consumption. I decided to start with small actions to ease my way into changing. Some of the steps I committed to are: turning of the lights when I exit the house, turning of the TV when I’m not really watching, taking the stairs in my apartment, etc. while I thought this seamless actions would be easy to follow I often catch myself falling asleep with the TV on or  taking longer showers than usual. I am although being more conscious of my actions and it is just the beginning. Beginnings for change are challenging, especially if are habits I’ve had all my life. Hopefully it becomes easier as time goes by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment